It is startling to most people when I share with them the ballistic evidence in the assassination of President Kennedy. Many are unaware of the amount of fragments identified and that "officially" only two bullets struck home. (3 shots, 1 miss, 2 hits) Even allowing for CE 399 to have caused the injuries to both men as claimed there are just too many fragments from the remaining shot. What do you think? How Many Shots and Which Directions?
1. Pres. Kennedy, back (entry)
2. Pres. Kennedy, throat (entry or exit)
3. Pres. Kennedy, head (entry right temple)
4. Pres. Kennedy, head (exit right rear/side)
5. Pres. Kennedy, head, (possible neck/hairline entry)
6. Gov. Connally, back (entry)
7. Gov. Connally, chest (exit)
8. Gov. Connally, wrist (entry/exit)
9. Gov. Connally, thigh (entry/no exit)
10. James Tague, cut on cheek
Bullets and fragments:
1. CE 567 (found driver's side front seat of limo)
2. CE 569 (found beside front seat of limo)
3. CE 840 (3 fragments found from underneath the left jump seat. \ One is now missing from NARA.)
4. Gov. Connally's wrist (Parkland, fragments were removed)
5. Gov. Connally's wrist (Parkland, fragments left in, shown on Xray)
6. CE 843 Pres. Kennedy's brain (Bethesda, 2 fragments removed | (receipt states missile) | Note on sizes
7. Pres. Kennedy's brain (Bethesda, fragments left in, shown on Xray)
8. Strike on Commerce Street curb left metal smear (Dealey Plaza, from missed shot, fragment or bullet)
1. crack in left side windshield near rearview mirror
2. dent in back of rearview mirror
3. dent in metal trim over windshield
The Backyard Photos HSCA Study
HSCA Photographic Panel Report
Firearms, Photographs, & Lee Harvey Oswald by Ian Griggs
"Phantom Identification of CE399" New Article by John Hunt
"The Unfired Bullets" by John Ritchson
Ordering The Rifle by Martha Moyer (pdf)
"A Fragment of Truth?" article on testing of the Bullet
Fragment CE567 by Joe Backes, with Debra Conway.
"What Does the Blood Tell Us?" article on Blood Spatter analysis by Sherry Fiester
"Window Views" photos of the "sniper's nest" and more.
Documents from the Dallas Police Department on how many shells were found by the window.
JFK Assassination Evidence: Autopsy Photos and Xrays
Presidential Limousine Photos
Clink links to larger image.